Hopen Wardrobes
  • Each one cost us $250.00 The style actually looked like a piece of furniture, and not just a metal storage cabinet

• by robsmom

We needed some extra storage area in our basement for coats, winter wear, boots, umbrellas, scarves and gloves. We had some extra room but not closet space to store the items that were not used year round. We went to IKEA and bought Hopen Wardrobes with two doors and a sliding shelf. We bought two of them and set them

side by side. Each one cost us $250.00

The style actually looked like a piece of furniture, and not just a metal storage cabinet. Although we had to assemble it ourselves it wasn’t that hard. We loaded them into the SUV, they were just a bit too long so we had to keep the back gate down. The boxes themselves were not ...

• overly heavy, I let my son and husband carry them to the basement area where they attacked the job of assembling the wardrobes.

They look nice, they stand around 7 feet tall, we put the adjustable shelf above the pole for the coats. I also purchase some baskets to put the accessories in and stored them above the coats. On the base

of the wardrobe is where we placed our winter books. I also stuck Rob’s ski boots in there so that they would be out of the way and the wardrobe was tall enough for me to hide his skis in there too. It serves its purpose giving us the extra closet space that we needed and not taking up too much floor space.

srp says :

Does anyone know if you can get replacement glass for the wardrobe doors or just a replacement door?

Marg says :

Yes, you can get replacement parts from Ikea, you can get the parts and prices here:

Cynthia Ann says :

I would like to know if you still have these 2 Hopen Waredrobes? And how much? And if son where do you live. Thank you, Cynthia Ann

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 57602294030529/k2311a026/2.6.08