Interview with the vampire
  • I thought they captured the darkness of her books wonderfully
  • Although I was disappointed that they case Antonio Banderas as Armand who is supposed to be a teenager with red hair, he was still an excellent actor and if they had only been able to make him look like Armand he would have perfect

• by Brooke

I loved this film, it’s one of my all time favourites.

I’m a big fan of Anne Rice and it’s so rare to like the movie version of a book but this film could not be any more perfect.

I thought they captured the darkness of her books wonderfully. They managed to

get the balance between the sensual and the sinister, not shying away from some of the contraversial aspects of her novels.

I thought all of the acting in the film was fantastic.

Although I was disappointed that they case Antonio Banderas as Armand who is supposed to be a teenager with red hair, he was still an excellent actor and if they had only been able to make him look like Armand he would have perfect.

Kirsten Dunst was amazing. So young and yet she illustrated so well Claudia’s frustration at being trapped in the body of a child.

Tom Cruise was a ...

• Interview with the vampire
      wonderful Lestat, capturing his character, particularly the arrogance very well.

One of the things that I really liked was the homosexual undertones that are present in the book and the movie also. Other movies (queen of the damned) have tended to heterosexualise the homo-and bi-sexual tendencies in the books and while

I have nothing against heterosexuality it was disappointing because it deviated so much from the books.

There’s something about this film, like the books, that is almost sexy but it’s so dark and there’s so much danger in every interaction that it’s not quite possible to find it sexy.

An excellent film.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11602293700529/k2311a026/2.6.08