HP Pavilion ze4800  » Laptops  »
  • I was quite disappointed by this, as I really enjoy watching Netflix instant movies
  • I know that I will need something more powerful
  • All in all, this is a pretty powerful little notebook for the relatively cheap price I paid on Ebay
  • I like the features, and the ease with which it is carried around in various tote bags I have

• by Famous

I was recently lucky enough to have located a decent notebook on Ebay. This particular model, the Hewlett Packard Pavilion ze4800 seemed equipped with everything I needed. This model is a few years old. But it is still just as aesthetically pleasing as the newer ones that have been released. In any case, this notebook has a built-in wireless card, but does not have a super graphics card.

I’m ok with this, since I only use the lap top to surf the web and store files. The Hewlett Packard Pavilion ze4800 came with Windows XP Home Edition. This is not a bad operating system. But I realized that when I was attempting to watch Instant Movies on the Netflix website, this system did not support the site’s mechanism for showing movies.

I was quite

disappointed by this, as I really enjoy watching Netflix instant movies. Anyway, in perusing the accessories, I also saw that this model did not have Excel or Microsoft Word. Instead, it utilizes Quattro, and WordPerfect. These two applications are incredibly similar to the aforementioned.

But I was disappointed because this means I have to convert files that I save from computer to computer. One good thing about WordPerfect is that it is compatible with Microsoft Word. And it also has tons and tons of fonts, much to my liking —since I do quite a bit of writing. The battery that came along with this notebook is supposed to last for about 4-5 hours.

But I am finding that the power drains rather quickly. I make sure to use the AC adapter whenever I can simply to preserve power.

• So, I have the feeling that I might have to get a new battery soon. But in pricing them on Ebay, I see that I can get one brand new for about $60.

The system only has 512 MBs of RAM. Again, for my personal computing needs, this is fine for now. But once I begin manipulating media files (photos, mpegs, songs, etc. ) I know that I will need something more powerful.

I am also still getting used to the on-deck “mouse. ” I am used to being able to double-click the mouse in order to select items. The single-click is taking some getting used to. But it’s not that bad.

Another feature that I have been getting a lot of use from is the DVD/ CDRW drive. I have been

watching movies non-stop, it seems. I have a portable DVD player for trips and outdoor “boredom”. But watching films on the HP Pavilion laptop is far better than watching a little 7″ screen.

Plus there are features on the DVD player that I do not have on my Coby DVD player. All in all, this is a pretty powerful little notebook for the relatively cheap price I paid on Ebay. I like the features, and the ease with which it is carried around in various tote bags I have. If you’re not a serious computer geek who needs top notch, highest level settings for your computing needs, this is a great notebook.

I doubt that you will find one brand new, as there are several newer versions to come out since this one. Still, it’s a great system.

sharon barnes says :

HP pavilion ze4800 windows xp….How many GB of RAM do I have and how many GB of hard drive also I think the screen is 13 Is this correct?

Jules Li says :

This model comes with 512 MB of ram. The hard drive is a 30 GB. The screen is actually a 14.1 inch.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 63402293590929/k2311a024/2.4.08