Learning & Development Trainer Job  » Job  »
  • There is alot more admin than people realise, I dont mind it as I love to be organised
  • I enjoy standing up in front of groups of people and giving presentations
  • I like it when I have to turn a bad attitude into a positive one

• by Rachel

I am a Learning and Development trainer and I really like my job. I am responsible for ensuring employees get the right level of training in the forms of inductions, workshops, qualifications and buzz sessions.

I would describe my job as being elegant as a swan on the surface and paddling frantically under

the water to stay afloat! There is alot more admin than people realise, I dont mind it as I love to be organised.

I enjoy standing up in front of groups of people and giving presentations. I enjoy facilitating groupwork and it is really rewarding when the person you are training finally gets ...

• it.

I have to coach and deliver feedback regularly and also deal with “challenging” delegates. I like it when I have to turn a bad attitude into a positive one. Think of the film Dangerous Minds, but not as violent.

I do get bored when I am doing the same sort of training over

and over and I have to make sure that I try out new energizers, much for my own sanity as well as the people I am training!

As a job I would reccommend this to anyone that likes to be creative, interactive and enjoys a form of teaching to a wide variety of students.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 6302292860529/k2311a023/2.3.08