The Break-Up (movie)
1.5
  • As much as I like Jennifer Aniston, I did not at all enjoy The Break-Up

• by Heather

As much as I like Jennifer Aniston, I did not at all enjoy The Break-Up. I had read a bad review before seeing it in the theater, and I didn’t want to see it. The reason I did end up seeing it was that the movie I was going to see wasn’t working, so they offered to let my friend and me see another movie for

free. She wanted to see The Break-Up, so I agreed to it.

It’s almost possible to envision the movie just by reading the title. It is most definitely about a break-up. The thing that really stinks is that it’s not even very funny. There’s quite a few moments of hostility and immaturity, so if you don’t have enough of those two things in your life,

• maybe you’ll want to see it.

I do remember one part of the movie that I did enjoy. That part was right at the beginning when the two characters met. It shows a bunch of pictures from their relationship, and they really do look like pictures that a real-life couple would take. They’re not glamourized, perfect pictures as there might be of couples in other movies.

It made the couple seem a bit more realistic. However, the thing that ruined that for me was that it seemed as though the couple was extremely happy in those pictures, and then the movie portrays them as completely otherwise with no explanation as to why it suddenly went sour.

This movie rates between a 2 and a 3 for me, so I guess I’ll give it a 3.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11202292591029/k2311a022/2.2.08