Chinnabee Silent Trail  » Travel  »
2.0
Talladega National Forest, Alabama
  • I will be writing the appropriate state service that is governing this to see if they can fix the problem

• by sunnflr

We went hiking on this trail yesterday. We didn’t finish the whole trail because we got a late start. We are not strictly beginners, but it has been a while since we’ve been hiking. The part of the trail we did complete wasn’t too hard, even

with us being out of practice.

I do believe they need to redo the blaze markings on the trees. You are supposed to be able to follow the trail by watching the markings. Well, they are so washed out you can hardly see them on some of the ...

• trees. Also, there were 4 fallen trees blocking the part of the trail we completed. We had to go over or around them. One of them was almost too tall for me to step over! And, the shelter that’s on the trail needs a new fire pit.
        The one that’s there looks really old and not very well taken care of.

Overall, we liked the hike, but they need to really put some effort into maintaining the trail! I will be writing the appropriate state service that is governing this to see if they can fix the problem.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 383101291830931/k2311a0131/1.31.08