Taboo2 nightclub  » Entertainment  »
Roswell Rd.- Sandy Springs (Atlanta)
  • But I was really not happy about the lame music

• by Famous

I went out with a girlfriend to Taboo2 in Sandy Springs. I went once before, years ago–before it closed. It was reopened as a Mexican club. And then it closed and reopened again as Taboo2.

Anyway, I went on a Friday evening when some DJ named Si-Man was hosting his old school party or whatever. The crowd was kind of what I expected. Lots of lame looking dudes crowding the walls.

And there was no shortage of women

who were trying to look sexy, but were missing the mark. At any rate, everyone seemed to be having a good time. But I was really not happy about the lame music.

I like some old school. But I wasn’t in the mood for old Jodeci remixes, and songs by [Atlanta group] Xscape. Sure, I used to like some of those songs.

But for dancing, I was ready for a little something more upbeat and modern. I was rewarded ...

• with some of this music a little later on. As for the service, the drinks were wonderful.

I don’t really like paying more than $15 for a beverage.

But if it lasts awhile, it certainly isn’t that big of a deal. I had the Long Island Tea, which was great.

And then later, I ordered some wings and fries. Now, these wings and fries are not like typical clubs. I guess because this is now a Bistro of some sort,

there is more attention placed on the cuisine.

The menu shows this. And the flavor and freshness of my food was fabulous! I would actually just go there for the meals. All in all, I had a good time.

But I don’t really like the stuffy 35 and older crowd. They seem a bit lame and lifeless. You have to really hunt for people who seem to have “younger souls.

” But for an end of the week celebration, it was perfect.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 593101291580931/k2311a0131/1.31.08