Jersey Boys musical  » Theatre  »
Hobby Theater, Houston, TX
  • We were able to find our seats quickly and easily

• by marketgal

“Oh What a Night!” The touring company for the musical “Jersey Boys” was outstanding.

I attended a performance at the Hobby Theater in Houston, TX with my mother, sister, and sister-in-law. The theater was conveniently located in the downtown area. The parking was just $6.00 and the parking garage was well-lit.

The theater was staffed by friendly and helpful people. We were able to find our seats

quickly and easily.

The show is a musical biography of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. The story begins in a rough New Jersey neighborhood where Frankie Valli grew up. Through music this show traces the many reincarnations of the group “The Romeos” to “Fankie Valli and the Four Seasons”. The storyline was easy to follow and offered a background story for many of the songs that the ...

• Four seasons are known for. I was surprised to find out that one of my favorites, “Too Good to be True”, was almost a goner because the record companies thought it wouldn’t sell!

The actors were outstanding in all areas. Their rendentions of familiar Frankie Valli songs were almost indistinguishable from the originals. Most of the audience members were humming or singing along quietly.

Seeing “Jersey Boys” brought back

a lot of fond memories of my early teenage years and made me fall in love with Frakie Valli all over again.

Try to see “Jersey Boys” if it comes to a theater close to your area. It is well worth it. There is some strong language in the dialogue that may offend some people but you must remember that this musical is set in the hoods of “Joisey”.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 323101291410831/k2311a0131/1.31.08