Opera web browser  » Software  »
  • After a while, I found myself downloading themes and other stuff to enhance my Opera browsing experience
  • Opera was my browser of choice but later I found some problems with Opera

• by R.O.M.

I first used Opera a few years back when I was still actively searching for a more reliable web browser. Back then, the browsers to choose from were only between Internet Explorer and Netscape. When I heard about Opera, I immediately downloaded it and tried it.

Before, Opera has the tag line, “The Fastest

Browser On Earth”, and indeed it was very fast. That made Opera very appealing. After a while, I found myself downloading themes and other stuff to enhance my Opera browsing experience. I even used it as my mail client instead of Outlook. Opera was my browser of choice but later I found some ...

• problems with Opera. Some of them involves the proper rendering of HTML or web pages but the biggest thing that turned me off from Opera was the existence of various exploits. Yeah, no software is secure or bug free but if Opera isn’t better than Internet Explorer then why change, right?

Today, I rarely

use Opera. In fact, I only use it to check my websites for browser compatibility. I’m sure Opera has evolved to become a much better browser than it was before. It remains a good browser but if you must choose then all I can say is that there are better browsers out there.

Opera web browser

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 303101290750131/k2311a0131/1.31.08