Nikon Coolpix L3  » Cameras  »
1.5
  • I bought the Nikon Coolpix L3 for my wife last Christmas and we spent $199.00 on this camera
  • It takes amazing shots during th daytime and in good lighting
  • The only problem is at night or in low lighting EVERY photo has red eye on the people that I am photographing

• by Michael-John

I bought the Nikon Coolpix L3 for my wife last Christmas and we spent $199 on this camera. It is 5.

25 Megapixels and is fairly easy to use.

It takes amazing shots during th daytime and in good lighting.

am photographing.

We tried everything to stop the red eye all to no avail.

I even tried putting my finger over a portion of the flash to deter a direct flash into the subject’s eye.

(This is what causes red eye - it is actually the blood vessels in your eye reflecting into the camera’s sensors) So I ...

• am dissatisfied with this camera’s ability to provide good photos in low light and I would not reccommend it to anyone planning on using it in such instances.

I would reccommend finding a camera with a good red eye reduction setting.

As far as uploading photos from this camera, it is very simple and this camera makes it easy for

even the most novice photographer to upload thier photos to thier computer.

The menu on the camera is easy to understand and the video capabilities are a neat added feature.

The display however, is fairly small and I would prefer if it were at least one and a half times the current size.

Overall, I would not reccommend the Nikon Coolpix L3.

Nikon Coolpix L3

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 432801290400531/k2311a0128/1.28.08