HP ScanJet 4370  » Hardware  »
  • I bought the HP ScanJet 4370 a few months ago for $139.00 and it has been a pleasure to use

• by Michael-John

I got so tired of faxing paperwork back and forth from work - I finally gave in an bought a scanner so that I could simply scan my documents and email them as an attachment rather then fussing with a fax machine. I bought the HP ScanJet 4370 a few months

ago for $139 and it has been a pleasure to use.

The software that accompanies this scanner makes it easy for even the most novice computer user to scan any documents or photos at the touch of a button.

This scanner has one touch buttons on the front to simply ...

• press and scan your project.

The quality scans are 3600 dpi X 7200 dpi which is plenty good for scanning photos for future printing.

My only complaint is that when you scan a smaller item like a drivers license, you usual get your scan with the image of the inside

of the scanner on the page.

To cure this you just have to lay a white piece of paper behind the license and you wont see the scanner innards.

Overall, a great machine at a good price that I would reccommend to a friend who was in the market for a scanner.

DavidLBedell gmail.com says :

When I scan photos using Corel Paint Shop Pro X2 I get a popup which wants me to select Color Picture, Greyscale Picture, Black and white picture or text, Custom Settings, and Adjust the quality of the scanned picture. The Resolution DPI is set at 150. How can I set that number to a higher resolution and keep it set for future scans? Thanks

Yesaya says :

You need to open a new document and in the new file dialog there is an option to change the resolution DPI

Galega says :

You can do all settings from the popup. Grayscale means printing in black and white only.

In the same popup, you will find print quality box. Here, you can change the quality of picture, including resolution. Adjust it to a level that you want. Please note, that it depends on the printer you are using. As for current printer, you can definitely increase the resolution.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 332801290370531/k2311a0128/1.28.08