Steve Francis
  • I think it's some sort of red turtle with a M on its chest
  • The guy was absolutely amazing and I was too shy to even ask for an autograph
  • Steve doesn't have to be the best to be my favorite
  • I would definitely love to see the Houston Rockets win an NBA title just so I can say I played on the same court with Steve Francis when I was seventeen

• by Joshua

My uncle attended the University of Maryland, so I kind of grew up a fan by force. I always pronounced their team name “Terror Pins” when I was a kid.

Only later did I realize that it was the Maryland Terrapins.

And to this day, I still have absolutely no clue what a “Terrapin” is.

I think it’s some sort of red turtle with a M

on its chest.

But I do know who Steve Francis is.

He’s the six foot three point guard that helped lead Maryland to a national championship a few years ago.

Now eight years into his NBA career, you can still find Francis playing with the Houston Rockets.

His playing time has shrunk down, and he doesn’t seem to have the same impact he once had in ...

• college.

But Francis, nicknamed “Stevie Franchise” will always by my favorite Maryland Terrapin player in history.

We had a basketball tournament in Northern Virgina about twelve years ago, and I got to play on the same court as Steve Francis in a really personal, Ruckers Park type setting.

The guy was absolutely amazing and I was too shy to even ask for an autograph.

Steve doesn’t

have to be the best to be my favorite.

I appreciate the joy he gave me during his time with Maryland and I will always hold him as my favorite player from the Terps.

I would definitely love to see the Houston Rockets win an NBA title just so I can say ” I played on the same court with Steve Francis when I was seventeen.

Steve Francis

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 352801290030531/k2311a0128/1.28.08