Jerry Stackhouse  » Sport  »
2.0
  • When I think of Jerry Stackhouse, I always think of the best baked potato I ever had at Jerry's Steakhouse

• by Joshua

When I think of Jerry Stackhouse, I always think of the best baked potato I ever had at Jerry’s Steakhouse. True Story.

But I also think of the most ridiculous claim I’ve ever heard in my entire life.

Stackhouse, the six foot six, twelve year vet from the NCAA’s mens basketball team, the

North Carolina Tarheels, once claimed that he could beat Michael Jordan in a one on one match.

Jordan, also of the Tarheels and also six foot six, would appear to be an even match for anyone who didnt know that….

Michael Jordan is only the greatest basketball player in the history of the world!! Sorry Stackhouse.

This ridiculous claim that you could beat Jordan has forever tarnished you in my eyes.

Though it was rumored for a while that Jordan vs.

Stackhouse happened somewhere on a closed floor, and Jordan completely dominated Stackhouse, I don’t know if it’s true.

But I would love to see ...

• Jerry Stackhouse
      that.

It reminds me of the time that Reggie Miller, the great former player for the Indiana Pacers, said that Larry Bird, the Boston Celtic legend, could no longer shoot.

As a reaction, Bird proceeded to step out onto the floor, bad back in tow, and drain three pointers in Miller’s face.

Stackhouse has

had a less than Jordanesque career, traded off time and again to whomever will have him.

But now he is playing with the Dallas Mavericks and doing quite well for himself.

Though I’m sure he was just young and full of himself at the time of the Jordan challenge, I’m also sure he regrets it now.

Jerry Stackhouse

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 352801289860531/k2311a0128/1.28.08