Great Value Thinly Sliced Beef Philly Steak  » Food  »
  • I found that one steak makes exactly enough meat for one soft taco
  • I am not such a huge fan of tacos as my husband is, but I like ours, too
  • Unfortunately, not every Walmart carries these steaks, so we have to hunt for them

• by Lorianna

My husband is a big fan of tacos, so we often make them at home. I usually used hamburger meat for them; then one day we had come across Great Value Thinly Sliced Beef Philly Steak at Walmart. The picture on the box showed sliced beef inside a hotdog bun, with onion and pieces of

red pepper; I immediately thought that it could be used for tacos.

The box contained 4 medium-sized “steaks” made of small slices of beef that are pressed together to form something like a patty. The steaks are to be kept frozen. They can be thawed before cooking or cooked right away, without thawing. I usually cook ...

• right away, placing the steak onto a warm frying pan and flipping and stirring it to make the slices come apart. This usually takes about five minutes. I found that one steak makes exactly enough meat for one soft taco. We add some chopped onion, red pepper, lettuce, sour cream and taco sauce. Our homemade
        soft tacos are delicious! I am not such a huge fan of tacos as my husband is, but I like ours, too.

Unfortunately, not every Walmart carries these steaks, so we have to hunt for them. I don’t remember exactly how much a pack costs, but since it is a Great Value product, the price is very reasonable.

Kevin says :

These steaks are the best We can`t find these anymore Can you?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272801289520431/k2311a0128/1.28.08