Lalitha Mahal Palace Hotel Mysore  » Hotels  »
Mysore, Karnataka, India
  • The beauty of the Palace with its spherical domes with beautiful laterns cannot be just written in words, one has to experience it
  • Though the food was expensive, we enjoyed every bit of our food

• by Rekha

Towards the end of last year, we had planned for a trip to Mysore along with my husband’s friend’s family. They had come to visit us from Northern India. As they had come on a short visit, we decided to visit Mysore, which is 4 hours drive from Bangalore.

Even before we started our trip, we decided to host them a lunch at Lalitha Mahal Palace Hotel, one of India’s most opulent hotels. This was originaly a palace built by the erstwhile Maharaja of Mysore in the year 1931

for his special guests. The Palace has been now changed to a heritage hotel, also called as the Palace Hotel. It is located 15kms from the Mysore Airport and 8 kms from the Mysore Railway Station, overlooking the famous Chamundi Hills.

As our car neared the hotel, we could see the royal white palace. We had a warm welcome and I really felt myself like a princess. The beauty of the Palace with its spherical domes with beautiful laterns cannot be just written in words, one has to ...

• experience it. I was also thinking in my mind about the kind of luxury the Maharajas lived in those days. We orderd for our lunch, the famous thali meals. Thali meals gives the real taste of the South Indian flavours. The bearers were dressed in traditional Karnataka outfit. Though the food was expensive, we enjoyed every bit of our food. We enjoyed the food listening to the live flute music. After taking their permission, I could take a video clipping of the beauty of the
        hotel using my handicam, which I can cherish for years.

The hotel has 54 rooms, with all the facilites of a 5 star hotel. The hotel offers an experience of princely living in a real Maharaja’s palace. So if you are planning for a trip to the royal city of Mysore, don’t forget to visit Palace Hotel. The address of the hotel is Lalitha Mahal Palace Hotel, Mysore - 570 011 Karnataka, India.Ph: +91-821-2470470 to 2470476+91-2474266-68-70-72-74

Fax: +91-821-2470555. You can also get all the details about the hotel at www.lalithamahalpalace.com

prasad says :

What are the rates for LUNCH for both VEG NON VEG?

Galega says :

Lalita Mahal Palace is one of the costliest hotels of South India. The current rate for lunch is around Rs. 2500 per person for both veg and non veg.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22801289010331/k2311a0128/1.28.08