Classic Equine brand ContourPedic saddle pad  » Other  »
  • I bought my first one of these pads in 2005 and was really impressed with the quality and the durability of these saddle pads
  • I liked the first one of these pads so well that I bought three more and I was so pleased with them that I also bought a couple of Classic Equine's ESP Wool Top Pads in the 34 x36 size

• by sunrisestetson

I bought my first one of these pads in 2005 and was really impressed with the quality and the durability of these saddle pads. I raise and train horses as a full time job and so my tack equipment really gets a work out on a daily basis.

This particular pad has a 3/4″ closed cell foam bottom and a 1/8 inch wool felt top.

The pad is antifungal and antibacterial and allows the horse’s back to breath which

keeps the horse cooler during the ride.

This pad is also cut out so that it is open over the withers, plus it is shaped to fit your horse’s back too.

Unlike a lot of other pads on the market that are one solid piece of material that is folded over the horse’s back this pad is actually two pieces sewn together in what is called a split design.

There is a big bonus in this design as it ...

• allows the pad to move with the horse better which prevents the pad from rubbing which reduces the risk of galls or saddle sores.

This pad also has good heavy quality wear leathers on the side near where the latigo and billets are located this protects the pad from damage from the saddle or cinch.

The pad itself is cut out behind the wear leathers in the cinch area for a closer fit to the saddle and horse which

makes for better contact, control and communication.

I liked the first one of these pads so well that I bought three more and I was so pleased with them that I also bought a couple of Classic Equine’s ESP Wool Top Pads in the 34″x36″ size.

Look at my other reviews you will see that I reviewed these pads as well.

I have had superior luck with every Classic Equine product I have purchased to date.

I highly recommend their product line.

Melissa Tinder Scott says :

I`m looking to buy a good quality saddle pad for 2 different horses. In the past I have bought cheaper pads but feel I need something more suitable for my horses. One of my horses has very high withers and I`ve been looking at the Classic Equine ContourPedic pad and the Classic Equine Bio-Fit saddle pad vs. Professional Choice`s Air Ride OrthoSport Sadde Pad. Can anyone give advice or recommendations?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 122701287880631/k2311a0127/1.27.08