National Treasure Book of Secrets  » Movies  »
  • I like Nicholas Cage, and I enjoyed the first movie so of course we were going to go and see the second movie
  • This one was not as fast moving as the first, yet I found it enjoyable
  • Anyway it was a good movie and I would recommend viewing it

• by robsmom

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)

We saw the sequel to National Treasure Book of Secrets during Christmas break. I like Nicholas Cage, and I enjoyed the first movie so of course we were going to go and see the second movie. This one was not as fast moving as the first, yet I found it enjoyable.

Ben and most of the former cast are again involved in a treasure hunt. This time to defend

his Great-grandfather’s name.

It seems that the Thomas Gates mentioned in the first movie, is now accused of being a conspirator in the Lincoln assignation. The act is now on to clear this man’s name and to find the President’s Book of Secrets, and the lost city of Gold.

Again the movie takes us back into history, and takes us on a sightseeing tour of Paris, London, Mount Vernon, VA and finally to ...

• MT Rushmore. There are comedic scenes within the movie, like when Ben kidnaps the president of the U.S. by luring him into a secret tunnel in Washington’s Mt Vernon home. Searching the National Archives for the President’s Book of Secrets, and avoiding capture from the FBI.

We meet Ben’s mother who is estranged from her husband yet she is a historian herself. It is just a fun movie and

the last few lines of the movie left it open for a third. I felt like this one was a bridge from the first National Treasure movie to a third one. I may be wrong only time will tell. Anyway it was a good movie and I would recommend viewing it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112501287060631/k2311a0125/1.25.08