Chunky Beef & Potato Soup
  • They had several varieties on sale and I thought I was picking up a different kind
  • In fact, when I got it home, I was so disappointed
  • If you're out buying soup, this is definitely a variety I would recommend to you

• by Steve

I actually bought Chunky’s Beef & Potato Soup by accident. They had several varieties on sale and I thought I was picking up a different kind. In fact, when I got it home, I was so disappointed; I ended up putting it toward the back of our pantry.

Today, I needed something quick to eat for lunch. And, since I haven’t

gone shopping in a while, my options were limited. Not having much other choice, I reluctantly made the Beef & Potato Soup.

After trying it, I have to say I liked it.

The Beef & Potato Soup reminded me of what Chunky used to advertise “the soup you eat like a meal.” There was plenty of substance to this soup. Plenty of ...

• beef, plenty of potatoes and even some mushrooms mixed in. I only ate a bowl and a half and I was full. It was actually a hearty lunch for such a cold day.

The taste is the one thing that really surprised me. My biggest complaint about Chunky soups has been the salt in them. Usually, they are so salty you

can barely taste anything else.

This wasn’t the case with the Beef & Potato. I’m sure there was salt in it, but I could hardly taste it. So, not only was it filling, it tasted good too.

If you’re out buying soup, this is definitely a variety I would recommend to you; especially if you’re going to eat it on a cold day.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272501286630531/k2311a0125/1.25.08