Pampered Chef Cutting Edge Apple Wedger  » Housewares  »
  • I bought Pampered Chef Cutting Edge Apple Wedger at a Pampered Chef party, to replace my old no-name apple cutter & corer that had fallen apart

• by Lorianna

I bought Pampered Chef Cutting Edge Apple Wedger at a Pampered Chef party, to replace my old “no-name” apple cutter & corer that had fallen apart. The apple wedger was $11.50, which is a bit expensive, but I figured it was probably worth the money since it was made of stainless steel and therefore would not break. My

old one was partly plastic, and it was the plastic part that gave in and fell out.

Pampered Chef apple wedger looks like most other ones I have seen: it is a round tool with two handles on the sides and sharp blades in the middle. When you press the apple with it, the blades core it and slice ...

• it in ten pieces. The cut out center piece remains attached to the wedger; you just remove it and throw it away. The procedure is quick and easy; if you have a lot of apples to core & slice, this is a must have item. It works best for medium-sized apples; large ones require more effort, and extra-size
        ones will not fit through, so the wedger cannot be used on them. It is not a big deal though, I just make sure I buy medium-size apples.

Using the wedger requires some hand strength, and the blades are very sharp (good thing that it comes with a protective cover). I would not let children use it without supervision.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532501286470531/k2311a0125/1.25.08