Prilosec  » Medicine  »
  • That was until I bought that first box of Prilosec OTC
  • The first box cost me $8.99 after the coupon, double and almost triple the cost of the other medicines he had been using
  • We are actually saving money by not having to buy rolls of rolaids or Tums to help with the breakthrough heartburn he used to experience
  • We would definitely recommend Prilosec to anyone whose life has been interrupted frequently by heartburn

• by Tammala Stratton

My husband has suffered from heartburn for at least the last 14 years(the length of our marriage). He has tried Tums, Rolaids, Zantac, Tagamet, Mylanta and any number of other over-the-counter medications. His heartburn was so severe at times that it would awaken him in the middle of the night, and of course waking me along with it. His diet had drastically changed over the last few years–no BBQ sauce, no Mexican, “be careful how much seasoning you use, honey”,and you can imagine the damper

it put on my culinary experiments.

Absolutely nothing gave 24 hour relief. That was until I bought that first box of Prilosec OTC. Skepticism abounded especially when coupling the past failures with the price tag of the Prilosec, but with coupon in hand, I took the plunge. The first box cost me $8.99 after the coupon, double and almost triple the cost of the other medicines he had been using.

Literally before the first week of the one pill a day ...

• regime was over, his typical daily heartburn had all but vanished. By the end of the second week, he was throwing away his stockpile of Zantac and Tums.Prilosec(omeprazole delayed-release tablets) is the most effective medication for daily heartburn that we have been able to find.

The price of that first box quickly became a nominal fee for the price of protection that Prilosec offers. With the other medicines, there were multiple doses each day, but with Prilosec the one pill does the trick.

We are actually saving money by not having to buy rolls of rolaids or Tums to help with the breakthrough heartburn he used to experience.

Life is so much more pleasant now. I can cook with all the spices and hot sauce I want. I sleep through every night unless there is a good movie on. Oh, and yes, my husband eats healthy portions of Mexican food without fear of heartburn anymore. We would definitely recommend Prilosec to anyone whose life has been interrupted frequently by heartburn.

Prilosec

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 262301285041231/k2311a0123/1.23.08