IBM Thinkpad R52  » Laptops  »
  • My dad and i only have 1 problem with this thinkpad, especially about its fingerprint detector, which is

• by susan

My dad owns an IBM thinkpad R52 for almost 5 years now, and he said it was such a nice thing to have it as an office_purposes thinkpad. IBM R52 isn’t a lightweight laptop. as matter of fact it is heavy :) but my dad likes it due to its solid look and black-themed appearance. It doesn’t have a fancy appearance, but more like ’serious’ look. My dad chose IBM cause in Indonesia, that brand is well known for its durability and good quality performance. It has a tiny round rubber in replace for external mouse. This is so nice, since he doesn’t have to carry external

mouse anymore. This kind of IBM isn’t a laptop for gaming purpose, so it doesn’t have a top video card, but it doesn’t mean it has a bad graphic performance. This is really a laptop for serious purpose if i might say :)

It has a touchpad, and also a build it fingerprint detector device. My dad and i only have 1 problem with this thinkpad, especially about its fingerprint detector, which is.. sometimes, since some electric current does run on it, and so if we have a wet hand, we can get a shock caused by it. It’s not nice. But it also nice since it does ...

• give a better protection (security; only the person with those fingerprints who can open the laptop).

My dad doesn’t have any complain about its audio quality nor its performance. It’s using Intel Centrino, and it has either big fan or double fan, but we hardly feel some hot sensation from its machine. This surely means that IBM thinks more about its customer’s comfortability when using it. And they have done a good job.

IBM Thinkpad R52 has a strong structure, and so it’ll make us feel kindda hard to open it. Once my dad accidentally dropped it from the table, but luckily, it was ok…

My dad said he liked

the screen, since it has a moderate brightness feature. He’s using glasses, and for his eyes, screen with the mighty brightness wouldn’t be ok..

years he’s been using that, he hasn’t given any complain other than the ‘get some shock effect’ from the fingerprint detector :D

It also has a wireless bluetooth access:D so i can send files from my phones to this computer without any problem at all :)

so… maybe you should give IBM a shot.. try it (and hope not to get some shock :D). If you don’t want some shock therapy, you can have the other one, lower type. Same features, only without bluetooth and fingerprints detector.

sudeep k meher says :

i have a ibm r52 1858 model.it has touchpad buttons extra buttons for left right click also. the problem is that after window is loaded for some time my touchpad buttons are working fine but after that they didnot work.every time i boot up all is working well but after some time it happens .please can any one suggest how to solve it?

Jules Li says :

The touchpad buttons have a special driver. I would suggest installing the touchpad driver. If you don’t have the disc, you can download it from IBM’s website.

Pat says :

I am trying to view my photos from my R52 IBM laptop to my flat screen tv. I connected the VGA cable into my laptop and connected the VGA into the back of the tv. Now, I am told I have to tell my laptop to send the pictures to the tv by going into the video card on the Control Panel. I can`t find what video card I have. Can any one help me ? Helpless Computer Idiot

Jules Li says :

There’s actually a shortcut to transfer the video. Press the fn and the f7 key. This will then toggle theh video to the TV.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 632301284721131/k2311a0123/1.23.08