Sony DCR - SR300 Camcorder  » Cameras  »
  • I decided to shoot my first short film made for the web so I bought the Sony DCR-SR300
  • I bought the Sony Vegas Editing system to go along with the camera and the two items together made publishing my film a snap

• by Michael-John

I decided to shoot my first short film made for the web so I bought the Sony DCR-SR300. I cast a few of my friends as actors and wrote a 7 page script.

We shot this video in a few hours and this Sony camera made the whole process very easy.

Each

“take” that we shot is separated on the camera in individual clips.

The touch screen on the display made it simple for me to delete bad scenes with one quick tap.

I bought the Sony Vegas Editing system to go along with the camera and the two items together made publishing my film ...

• a snap! (You can see my film on You Tube buy searching “The Fantasy Life Film”) The 40 gig hard drive allowed me to shoot hours of footage and upload it immediatly to my computer.

I do wish the uploading process was faster however.

I have a friend who told me

that this camera was good enough quality for a proessional videographer to shoot weddings with! If you wanted to start a wedding videography service, this camcorder might be the perfect tool to get your business started.

Overall, I would highly reccommend this camcorder to anyone looking to create video content with the greatest of ease.

Kent D. Converse says :

Is the Sony DCR-SR300 compatible with wireless microphones? Is it HD? I am sort of an amateur photographer but do need professional looking videos to show my charitable endeavors. What do you recommend? Thanks, Kent

John says :

Kent, it is compatible with wireless microphones. However, it is not HD.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 432201284510831/k2311a0122/1.22.08