Net 10 Prepaid Cell Phone Service
Jamestown, TN
  • After studying all the ones available in our area I decided the best plan was the Net 10 ones
  • It would only cost him ten cents a minute and it does not have a daily access fee
  • So after some careful thought I decided to go with the net 10 plan
  • Although I know that is the latest craze with cell phones
  • That is partially why I think I am going to like the prepaid ones best

• by sadonna

My husband has decided to take a road job once again. So we began looking at getting him a prepaid cell phone to carry for emergencies. After studying all the ones available in our area I decided the best plan was the Net 10 ones. It would only cost him ten cents a minute and it does not have a daily access fee.

The cheapest Verizon model had a fee of ninety nine cents per day on top of a ten cent a minute charge. The only good thing about it is that he could call other Verizon phones free of charge. However it would basically cost us 45 a month

for 150 minutes instead of 15 a minute with the net 10 phone.

So after some careful thought I decided to go with the net 10 plan. The whole idea of getting him a cell phone is so he can call us if he really needed to, not just to play around on. The Net 10 phones are simplistic in design, yet functional.

You can download ring tones to it the same as any other cell phone but it will cost you about ten dollars for a subscription to get them. I personally don’t think he has any need for them. Although I know that is the latest craze with ...

• cell phones.

I believe in more practical applications and simplicity has always been my motto. Net 10 has decent coverage in our area where as the ATT ones do not. Verizon has the best coverage but I can’t seem to bring myself to justify the extra cost of having a Verizon phone anymore.

Either way, we are going to go with the Net 10 for a while and see how well it works out. I like the fact that you can purchase 150 minutes with what Net 10 calls their easy plan online. I also noticed when we bought the phone that it offers an extra 100 minutes

with the first three air activation cards.

So for fifteen dollars a month he will get 250 minutes for the first three months. I think that is just so cool. I like getting things for nothing when I can.

I think cell phones are ok for emergencies but should not be used when driving or doing other things that can cause harm to others when you get distracted. That is partially why I think I am going to like the prepaid ones best. The there is also the fact that you don’t have a regular bill unless you want to and you have more control over it when you do.

Net 10 Prepaid Cell Phone Service
    Nancy says :

I was going to buy a Net 10 phone but no one can seem to answer my questions. I will be going to Key West shortly. Will my phone work there and also in the Ft. Myers area?

John says :

You can access the coverage here by entering the zip codes:

joseph catanzaro says :

my truck was broken into today and they took my net 10 lg phone. my question is if i go buy another net 10 perpaid phone can i keep the same number ? i have that number on my business cards, so can i do this?

Jules Li says :

Yes, you should have no problem doing this. However, you should contact customer service to activate it. If not, you will be assigned a new number.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 222001283931131/k2311a0120/1.20.08