Centered Riding by Sally Swift  » Books  »
  • What I like best about Centered Riding is that Sally Swift takes English riding concepts such as hand position or driving the horse from back to front and makes them easy to understand
  • I know, it sounds crazy but it really works
  • I love Centered Riding and it is one of my favorite equestrian books

• by LuckyGrl

Centered Riding is an excellent book written by Sally Swift. Sally Swift is a legend in the English riding world, and although Centered Riding was published in 1985, it is still applicable today.

I purchased my book in the last five years and have read it cover to cover several times, as well as refer back to certain things

when I need a brush up.

What I like best about Centered Riding is that Sally Swift takes English riding concepts such as hand position or driving the horse from back to front and makes them easy to understand.

Sally gets the rider to concentrate upon becoming one with her horse by using techniques such as “soft eyes” and ...

• “stumpy legs.

” Soft eyes means using your eyes to scan the entire field of your vision rather than focusing upon one thing, such as what is in front of you.

Stumpy legs means pretending that you have no legs beyond your thighs, and you have only that part of your body to grip the saddle, and to relax yet

not fall off your horse.

I know, it sounds crazy but it really works.

Centered Riding allows the rider to relax and sink deeply into the saddle rather than riding in a tense manner that makes the horse unhappy and hollow.

I love Centered Riding and it is one of my favorite equestrian books.

Kudos to the great Sally Swift!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 172001283921131/k2311a0120/1.20.08