Back to the Future trilogy  » Movies  »
  • I bought a complete DVD of this 3 part film by Steven Spielberg and Robert Zemeckis (with the help of other producers) with it's first installment shown in 1985
  • I never regret buying this stuff because of the entertainment that I get everytime I watch this, time and again
  • This is an amazing story of friendship between a young man Marty Mc Fly (Michael J
  • I just enjoyed the story on how things go supposing it's possible
  • Out of appreciation because the 3- part movie is really fun and marvelous, I would still recommend this for the whole family although I did not totally overlook the flaws but just tried to ignore them somehow

• by clowdine

I bought a complete DVD of this 3 part film by Steven Spielberg and Robert Zemeckis (with the help of other producers) with it’s first installment shown in 1985. I never regret buying this stuff because of the entertainment that I get everytime I watch this, time and again. Well, it’s got two other sequels which I also have copies of, namely: Back to the Future II (1989) and Back to the Future III (1990). This is an amazing story of friendship between a young man Marty Mc Fly (Michael J. Fox) and a wild eyed but nice and principled scientist Doc Emmett Brown (Christopher Lloyd) who invents a time machine. What this duo do in the movie is just going back in time or ahead of time to resolve issues. I don’t buy the idea that a man can travel through time while in a car or in any time machine. I just enjoyed the story on how things go supposing it’s possible. I learned to love all the characters there from the oldest possible

ones: like his great great grandfather Seamus Mc Fly (also played by Michael J. Fox) and family up to the incidental characters of Marty in 1985 like his girlfriend Jennifer Parker (Claudia Wells). I also liked Biff (Thomas Wilson) when he does his bullying stuff. Of course, I also won’t forget the funny but ambitious would be Mayor Goldie Wilson. Most of the time, they did a good job in adding and subtracting age to the characters depending on the time. In Back to the future 1, I can say the way a 45 year old parents of Marty, Lorraine and George (played by Lea Thompson and Christopher Glover) is just believable and how they looked like as teens in 1955. But I think Lorraine Baines should look a little older than she did in her supposedly 1979 video with Biff while she wears a wedding dress. That’s 24 years later from the time they had their “Enchantment Under the Sea Dance” which was during their teens. She should be between her late thirties and early forties. But ...

• in the video, she looks in her early twenties. And mind you, Dr. Brown does not grow old. He looks the same no matter what year it is, even he states in his line that he has gone through rejuvenation which is a typical service offered in 2015, he still looks as young/as old as he looks in 1985 and 1955 without concerning his visit to 2015.

Another note to take: I wonder what happened to each Marty Mc Fly produced everytime there is a time travel. For sure, each Marty will have his own lifetime and issues as well, and that goes with the other people whose live’s course were changed because of their intervention in their lifetime. It looks like it’s not guaranteed that the Marty and the Dr. Brown that started it all in 1985 are the only ones who should resolve their issues here. It’s going to be a ripple effect.

And why would Dr. Brown care too much about what’s gonna happen in the future with Marty Jr. when they have all

the present time to prevent it. That even caused them more problems. Dr. Brown even stated before the third film ends that no one knows the future but it is left to be figured in its own time but perhaps, it might be an after thought after all.

Anyway, what will be Back To the Future 3 be like if this part were omitted or replaced? Out of appreciation because the 3- part movie is really fun and marvelous, I would still recommend this for the whole family although I did not totally overlook the flaws but just tried to ignore them somehow. I will still give this a high rating since everyone including the people behind the scene did a very good job. As a special mention, I really like the theme music. It reminds me of the scene when Marty rides the hover board in 1955 while Biff and company go after him and they end up almost buried in the horse manure. I even included it in my theme music playlist.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111901283080631/k2311a0119/1.19.08