Christmas cartoons DVD  » Movies  »
  • Disc 2 has The Year Without a Santa Clause (one of my favorites, I love the part where Mrs
  • It is amazing to think how old some of these are, and how they were made - with wooden puppets that you had to move & adjust each time for a new shot
  • I enjoyed watching this set during the Christmas holidays - and beyond

• by Lorianna

I received this 4 disc set of old TV Christmas cartoons as a gift - for Christmas, of course. Yes, all those familiar and beloved characters we used to watch on TV every Christmas season - Rudolph, Frosty the Snowman, the Grinch - they are all here, neatly packed in this deluxe DVD collection. The cover opens

up as a book, and you see the first two discs; then each “page” unfolds farther, and the other two show up, as well as some pictures and the list of contents.

Disc 1 contains Dr. Seuss’s “How The Grinch Stole Christmas and Horton Hears a Who!”.

Disc 2 has “The Year Without a Santa Clause” (one of my ...

• favorites, I love the part where Mrs. Clause contemplates dressing up as her husband and doing his work for him!), “Rudolph’s Shiny New Year,” and “Nestor, the Long-Eared Christmas Donkey.”

Disc 3 has “Frosty’s Winter Wonderland” and “‘Twas the Night Before Christmas.”

Disc 4 contains “Rudolph’s and Frosty’s Christmas in July.”

My whole family loves these cartoons, regardless of age.

It is amazing to think how old some of these are, and how they were made - with wooden puppets that you had to move & adjust each time for a new shot. That took some very diligent work, which makes me appreciate these gems all the more.

I enjoyed watching this set during the Christmas holidays - and beyond.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111901282950631/k2311a0119/1.19.08