Flight centre travel agents  » Travel  »
0.5
Western Australia
  • Unfortunately she left, and my last trip planned I dealt with flight centre Mirrabooka
  • The real issue was that to get my refund took ages

• by Rebecca

I have used flight centre several times. The first few times I went to a flight centre in Kingsley and a loverly girl used to help me. She was always polite and friendly.

Unfortunately she left, and my last trip planned I dealt with flight centre Mirrabooka. I booked a flight well in advance and paid for it all up front.

It came to about $5000. Unfortunately I had to cancel my trip (well in advance) and flight centre charged me $950 to cancel my trip.

I also lost other money on part of the trip that could not be cancelled. I got refunded about $2000.

The customer service I got during this time was appalling. I realise that they do have ...

• to charge people to cancel, but I worked out that I had spent $20,000 with flight centre in the past (not a bad customer), and gave them 8 months notice.

Insurance would not cover it either. Anyway that is not really the issue.

The real issue was that to get my refund took ages. My flight had actually left before I got

my refund (this is 8 mths later) and I must of called them every single week to get it.

I couldnt believe it, and the only reason why I got it, was in the end I rang consumer affairs who told me to put it in writing that I would need to receive my money within 14 days.

I would never go back to flight centre again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381901282870631/k2311a0119/1.19.08