2006 Lexus RX400h (Hybrid)  » Cars  »
Raleigh, NC
  • My husband purchased the Lexus RX400h for me one year ago and I love it
  • I recommend this vehicle and would certainly purchase another one

• by Deb Brown

My husband purchased the Lexus RX400h for me one year ago and I love it. I sell real estate and need a luxury vehicle with the features of an SUV. I also do a lot of stop and go driving - often in the city - so gas mileage is very important to me. This car is the first and only hybrid I have driven. I assumed a hybrid would be slow to accelerate - I don’t know why, I

just figured when the car had to choose battery or engine that would interfere with performance. To my great surprise this car is FAST. I am told it does not have a “transmission” so you do not feel it “shifting”.

The only downside of this car is that most service people and valet parking attendants do not expect it to be a hybrid and have told me I need to have it towed because it will not start!? What happens is that you turn the key to the right and hear nothing. The dashboard lights up and says “READY”. That is it - no engine sounds. I love to see the look on my clients’ face when the car starts to move and they have no idea it is running!

The car is also equipped with a navigation system, sun/moon roof, Bluetooth and most other features found in a luxury vehicle. Maintenance is pricey when you use the Lexus ...

• 2006 Lexus RX400h (Hybrid)
      dealer (about $150 for an oil change, tire rotation, vehicle inspection and fluid top off), but because it is a hybrid I feel it is important for the dealer to service the car. I have only had one major service and it was over $400. I also had to buy tires - yikes, that was expensive. Having said that, I don’t mind spending the money because the vehicle is reliable. As for the Lexus service department, the technicians are awesome.
      Once I had a flat tire on the interstate. As I was calling Lexus roadside assistance, a technician who just happened to be test-driving a vehicle stopped on the highway, changed my tire and arranged for a new tire to be ready at the service department. No charge of course.

I recommend this vehicle and would certainly purchase another one. The fact that I can reduce some of my “carbon footprint” makes me feel better - particularly because I drive over 30k miles per year.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 91901282820631/k2311a0119/1.19.08