Tracfone Cell Phone Service
  • With the lack of competition there is also that lack of companies trying to be price competitive, after all if you are one of only a couple games in town you really do not have to offer any outstanding cost services
  • The other thing that I like about the Tracfone service is that the home coverage area that I am in now with this service is much much larger than the contract based cell services I have had in the past

• by sunrisestetson

The Tracfone Cellular Service has been both a good thing for me personally. I happen to live in a very rural area and because of this fact there is very little competition between cellular carriers.

With the lack of competition there is also that lack of companies trying to be price competitive, after all if you are one of only a couple games in town you really do not have to offer any outstanding cost services.

In addition to

this factor I also really do not have a need to be on my cell phone all that frequently and for most of my personal calls I use my land line.

Since this is the pattern I tend to stick to I had a hard time justifying $49 a month for a very limited cell plan that had TONS of extras and hidden costs and so you never actually received a $49 cell bill at the end of the month.

...

• Tracfone eliminated my need for a monthly cell phone plan requiring a two year contract.

As I said before, I actually do not use my Tracfone on a daily basis and so the airtime I load onto it (purchased with a prepaid card or by loading directly from the purchase airtime area of my phone) can sit there for several months just waiting to be used.

I don’t lose those minutes and I am not charged for having a cell

phone that I have not used for that month.

For me this service has made having a cell phone much easier and way more affordable than it had been in the past.

The other thing that I like about the Tracfone service is that the home coverage area that I am in now with this service is much much larger than the contract based cell services I have had in the past.

For me Tracfone is the way to go!

David Wood says :

i HAVE CELL SERVICE WITH AT T, MY CONTRACT IS ABOUT UP AND I`M THINKING OF GOING WITH TRACFONE. MY QUESTION IS, CAN I KEEP THE PHONE NUMBER I HAVE KNOW?

Jules Li says :

Yes, Tracfone does give you the ability to port your number in from a different carrier.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 221901282790631/k2311a0119/1.19.08