Nikon Wide Angle Lens  » Cameras  »
1.0
  • I can't recommend this product to anyone, there's better, less exspensive models on the market

• by Joshua

Okay. This product may be great for some people, but it’s not that good for me. I got the Nikon Wide Angle Telephoto Zoom G ED-IF AF-S VR DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens as a gift to go with my Nikon DX format Digital SLR. And I must say, I am not impressed.

The price tag for this thing is outrageous, 750 dollars! Oh

my, God! I told the person who bought it for me that they must be crazy. But, it’s the same person who bought me the camera the previous year. Anyway, I just don’t think you should have to pay so much for the same quality you can get for 100 dollars elsewhere.

I’m a huge fan of photography, but I’m not ...

• shooting for National Geographic. If I were, then this lens would be perfect. But as it stands, I can make due with my less exspensive digital cameras built-in lens.

If you really need professional performance, then you’d love this lens. 200mm + 1/20sec, with no shaking. Beautiful wide angles even when you zoom in, and it just looks like you’re a professional

photographer when you have it.

I give it a big criticism though. For the price, it’s not even as sharp as my cheap digital. And that’s just wrong. I can’t recommend this product to anyone, there’s better, less exspensive models on the market. But, again, if you’re a professional photographer who loves the big equipment, then this may be right for you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 431701282440631/k2311a0117/1.17.08