Equate Brand Cough Drops  » Health  »
  • You can buy these in a bag of forty, at the cost of

• by suthernsmooth

I’m sure that we have all heard of Hall’s Cough Drops; those cherry flavored, menthol cough drops do work quite well. But just like anything else that a ‘name-brand’ company puts on the market, most of what we pay for is the name. That’s not to say that the Hall’s are really expensive, but when we have to cut corners, we do what we can.

That’s how I came across Wal-Mart’s Equate

brand cough drops. They come in other flavors, but this review covers the cherry flavored cough drops. You can buy these in a bag of forty, at the cost of .97 cents (USD). At less than two cents apiece, that’s not a bad bargain at all.

The Equate brand cough drops, just like the Hall’s brand, contains that all-important ingredient, menthol. The menthol, while it gives a strong taste to the cough ...

• drop, acts as an anesthetic. This helps to calm a cough or other sore throat irritations. The strong menthol also helps to relieve a stuffy nose.

Another plus to the Equate brand cough drops, aside from price and the necessary working ingredients, is that they are individually wrapped. This makes them ideal for tossing a few in your pocket or lunchbox to have on hand throughout the day.

When you have a

cold or just a dry, scratchy throat, the Equate brand cough drops do help. For those who aren’t crazy about the strong menthol taste, they can seem a bit overwhelming. But sometimes we just have to take our medicine, whether we like it or not. I wouldn’t use these cough drops if I didn’t have to, but when I need them, I’m glad that they work. If they didn’t, I wouldn’t keep buying them.

bill ward says :

How many calories? Thanks

John says :

There are six calories in each individual piece.

Galega says :

It contains 10 Calories in one drop.

It is gluten free.

It also doesn t contain protein, carbohydrate, fat and any Vitamins.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 341701282250631/k2311a0117/1.17.08