Neuros OSD Linux Media Recorder  » Electronics  »
  • The best part about the OSD is its multiple ports and open sourse firmware

• by Joshua

The Neuros OSD Linux Media Recorder is the ultimate media recorder and player. Just connect it to your TV, give it an analog video input from your cable box or DVD player and it encodes a variety of formats for your portable devices: iPods, iPhones, PSP, or any other device.

Files are stored and played by using either a USB external hard drive or by

using media cards. The best part about the OSD is its multiple ports and open sourse firmware. Analog video/audio input and output, ethernet, USB, infrared, serial, two different card slots to accommodate CF and SD/MS/MMC cards.

Along with all of this, the recorder also comes with a universal remote control. I’m fastly falling in love with this device. I can record various types of ...

• media from my PC and play them on my TV, and vice versa. And it’s so easy and convenient.

Product features include: Recording from any source like a DVD player or cable box, Automatically encode video/audio for playback on mobile devices, Playback various formats on your TV including AVI, MP4, ASF, OGG, AC3, and WMA, It has a timed recording feature that lets you setup

recordings in advance.

All the information is a little too technical for me, I’m an electronics buff, not a cyber geek, so I don’t really know what half of the ports are for. But I do know this, this thing is simple to use and records anything I want and plays it anywhere I want. I highly recommend this recorder. And it only costs $200!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161601282070431/k2311a0116/1.16.08