The Adventures of the Devil’s Foot
  • I like this mystery because, throughout, it's one of those cases that you have no idea whether it can be solved or not
  • If you're looking for an entertaining short story to read, this is definitely one I would recommend to you

• by Steve

I recently watched an episode of Monk when he is on vacation and is drawn into a murder investigation. That episode reminded me a bit of the Sherlock Holmes mystery The Adventures of the Devil’s Foot; which, coincidentally, takes place while Holmes is supposed to be taking a vacation.

I like this

mystery because, throughout, it’s one of those cases that you have no idea whether it can be solved or not. You have a family of three inflicted with some sort of hysteria that causes the sister to die and, later on, the one brother dies in a similar fashion in another ...

• location. You don’t know if it was murder, an accident or some sort of super natural occurrence.

I was able to guess at some but not all of this case and that’s what kept me extremely fascinated by it. By the end, I given enough clues to follow along and even guess

at the reason the people died; just not why.

If you’re looking for an entertaining short story to read, this is definitely one I would recommend to you. It’s a mystery that should keep you on the edge of your seat just because you don’t know what is going to happen next.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171601281740331/k2311a0116/1.16.08