Mr. Monk and the Candidate  » TV  »
  • Even though this isn't the best Monk episode ever, the first Episode of the series does a great job introducing us to the comic detective and gives us a better understanding of the obstacles he faces if he ever hopes to become a member of the police department again
  • The thing I like about this episode most is the fact the mystery really has nothing to do with the mayoral race itself

• by Steve

Even though this isn’t the best Monk episode ever, the first Episode of the series does a great job introducing us to the comic detective and gives us a better understanding of the obstacles he faces if he ever hopes to become a member of the police department again.

Monk is asked to

solve the assassination plot of a Mayor candidate and ends up in a mystery with plenty of twists and turns. We learn quite a bit about his fear of heights. But, when we see him chasing after the bad guy into a sewer, we also learn he is capable of overcoming his ...

• fears in the right circumstances. Just not enough to justify him getting his badge back.

The thing I like about this episode most is the fact the mystery really has nothing to do with the mayoral race itself. The fact the crime is taking place at campaign headquarters is really just a coincidence.

When you find out exactly what the gunman was aiming for, you’ll be absolutely amazed.

If you’ve never seen the show Monk, this first episode is the best way to get introduced into what has become a marvelous series and a weekly obsession for my wife and me. It’s one I definitely would recommend.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 101601281620331/k2311a0116/1.16.08