Great Value Beef Breakfast Patties  » Food  »
  • I think we might completely switch to this product now

• by Lorianna

My family enjoys fried sausage for breakfast. Yet, being aware that pork sausage is fatty and generally not good for health, we wondered if there was a beef alternative. At first, it seemed that there wasn’t; stores did not have beef breakfast sausage, and nobody heard of it. Then, quite accidentally, I happened to see Great Value

Beef Breakfast Patties in the frozen food section at Walmart. This seemed to be exactly what we were looking for! One 25.5 oz pack was a little over $4. I bought two to try this product out.

The patties are fully cooked and can be heated in microwave (1-2 minutes) or on the stove (4-6 minutes). Even though the stove option takes longer, it seemed more appealing to me, so I heated the patties in a skillet. It was easy to do, the directions of the pack are very clear. You place beef patties on a heated skillet and cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes, then flip them over and cook for 1-2 more ...

• Great Value Beef Breakfast Patties
      minutes. That’s it.

The patties are thin, a little larger than sausage patties we used before. In fact, they looked exactly like hamburger patties you get in fast food sandwiches, and I feared that they were going to taste the same. Well, I was wrong. These beef patties turned out to be excellent. My husband, a big fan

of pork patties, was first to proclaim that these are great and taste no different from pork ones. I agree. The beef patties are just as soft, they seem to have all the same spices, maybe just a little less salt, which is fine. We are very pleased with them. I think we might completely switch to this product now.

michelle says :

are they available anywhere except walmart?

John says :

No. Great Value is a Wal-Mart brand so you won’t find them at other stores.

Barbara Sylvus says :

I have tried these beef sausages many times and they are very good, but i have not been able to find them at the Walmart i shop at all the time nor the other surrounding ones, have walmart stop selling the beef sausages I really like them and wonder if i can order them from walmart if they have not discontinued them altogether?

Ki says :

I cant find them no more either. I been driving all around charlotte, nc.

Lannie Cummins says :

I have looked all over Indiana and can’t find them either. I hope they decide to carry them again its the only breakfast beef sausage my family eats I would be willing to buy a case at a time. Please bring them back.

Ro says :

I love them The beef breakfast patties tastes great, and it’s better for me health wise. I don’t eat pork…I’ve tried GV Turkey Breakfast Sausage and don’t like them. Walmart…..PLEASE bring back GV Beef Breakfast Patties

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271601281530331/k2311a0116/1.16.08