Guitar Amp
  • I like leaving mine out and watching people pick the mints up, thinking they're about to 5-finger my breath savers
  • I live in a small apartment so there's a few reasons I love this

• by Joshua

This thing is so cool! I’ve never seen anything like it. The Mint Tin Pocket Guitar Amp is handmade from an actual Altoids mint tin! That was enough to lure me in. You have to get one, if only to show it off to your friends.

These things are individual and handmade, so you can’t find them at your local mega mart. Just type the name into your favorite search

engine and pick one up for 40 bucks. I like leaving mine out and watching people pick the mints up, thinking they’re about to 5-finger my breath savers! Joke’s on them.

But don’t be fooled by its small size, it’s still an actual working guitar amp. And it’s a better deal than you might think. I live in a small apartment so there’s a few reasons I love this: I don’t ...

• really have the space to store a bulky practice amp, and I can’t play loud on the big amp or I’ll be voted off the island! Just plug the headphones in this small amp and practice in peace.

It features a 3.5mm audio plug, the volume controls and on/off switch are located on the side, and it only takes a 9V battery to power the amp. It’s even got a

cool LED light on the side that glows a bright red.

The sound it puts out is surprisingly clear and deep for the size. You would think to look at it that it’s a gag item, something you’d buy for a friend to play a joke, but it really works! I’m going to buy one for all my friends next Christmas. They’ll be totally shocked to see that they’re not mints.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161501281370631/k2311a0115/1.15.08