T-Amp Gen 2 Amplifier  » Electronics  »
  • I bought this little thing thinking I was wasting money
  • That's just another reason I thought I would be returning this puppy the very next day

• by Joshua

Attention: All fans of HiFi audio everywhere, beware! This little piece of technological magic will blow the windows out. The T-Amp Gen 2 Amplifier is the small, definitive answer to all larger competitors.

I bought this little thing thinking I was wasting money. Wrong. This little baby produces grown-up sound. It’s a Class-T amplifier, as its name suggests, offering both the audio fidelity of class AB, which you’ll find in a stereo receiver, and the

power of class D amps, which provide that powerful punch for woofer amps.

For the power it puts out, you’ll never find another deal this good, coming in at under 80 dollars. That’s just another reason I thought I would be returning this puppy the very next day. One of the few times in my life that I’ve been truly amazed. I always stood firm by the adage, “You get what you pay for.” I ...

• got much more than I bargained for.

Some product specs which lets this thing do what it does are: Single Supply Operation, Audiophile Quality Sound; 0.04% THD+N @ 9W,4 Ohm; 0.18% IHF-IM @ 1W,4 Ohm; 11W @ 4 Ohm,0.1% THD+N; 6W @ 8 Ohm,0.1% THD+N. All you tech lovers know what that means - quality!

Its High Power specs are: 15W @4 Ohm,10% THD+N; 10W @ 8 Ohm,10% THD+N. and High Efficiency specs: 81% @

5W,4 Ohm 88% @ 10W,8. Did you get all that? It’s lost on me, but that’s what makes this bad boy rock!

Boasting a dynamic range of 102 dB, this amplifier runs off of 8 AA batteries or the included AC wall adapter. After stocking up on the newer gadgets, I couldn’t afford a huge amp. Boy, I’m glad I couldn’t. For this super cheap price, I got quality just as good. My neighbors will never sleep again.

Robert says :

Hi Josh Do you think this unit would work off a Toshiba flat panel TV audio output? For a couple of AR Speakers that are 8 ohm, 10 - 100 watt.

Galega says :

Yes, this amplifier will work seamlessly with Toshiba Flat Panel TV audio Output. Taking a look at the specifications of your speakers, that can be suggested.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161501281360631/k2311a0115/1.15.08