A League Of Their Own (movie)  » Movies  »
2.0

• by LuckyGrl

A League Of Their Own is a movie about women’s baseball. Evidently when World War II was going on, the women were left to fend for themselves, literally, in more ways than one.

I knew that during the war, women were leaders in the work force because all the men were overseas and busy doing other things.

What I did not know, until A League Of Their Own came out, is that women were also recruited to play baseball.

There is an all star cast in A League Of Their Own, including Madonna, Lori Petty, Tom Hanks and Geena Davis.

Everyone is great in the movie, and the acting is fine, but you know ...

• that Madonna is perfect as the wise cracking, sexy Mae.

It’s like Madonna can never play a real person, she always does best with characters that reflect who she really is.

In spite of that, A LEague Of Their Own is a good movie and my family enjoys watching it every time we pop it in the

DVD player.

I just can’t go all the way with this movie, there is something about it that I just don’t like.

I am not sure if it is because I;m not a baseball fan, or the characters, or Tom Hanks as their manager, but A League Of Their Own can remain their own, as far as I am concerned.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111501281000531/k2311a0115/1.15.08