CAPITAL ONE SCAM  » Scam  »
0.5
  • I like to keep my bills paid, and my credit in order
  • I paid them off, I sent more than they asked for, as I realized they charged this daily charge, as well as a monthly charge and a yearly charge
  • Capital One Company has me upset, but, I will join any class actin suit that is against them, and I know there is, at least, one against them, right now

• by covenly1
      I like to keep my bills paid, and my credit in order. After using Capital One for a short time, I saw how they illegally charge for all types of things.

I paid them off, I sent more than they asked for, as I realized they charged this daily charge, as well as a monthly charge and a yearly charge! I didn’t know that, when I, first, signed up.

But, quickly saw how they were charging me for everything that is illegal to do in California.

So, I wrote to them, called them, emailed them, and felt that I had gotten RID of them, when I received a refund because I had sent so much to pay them off! It didn’t happen!

At this time, they

have me in collection, as they didn’t mention that after you tell them, on the phone, actually speak to them, and tell them you do not want their card, you have shredded their card, won’t be using their card, and want nothing to do with……….

that after 30 days, they just sign you up, again! So, without realizing they had me signed up for what I had told them I did NOT want, they have me in collection! After the 30 days was up (I knew nothing of this), they signed me back up, charging a yearly fee.

I had not paid it, as I believed I was shed of that company, all together! Now, the $20 fee has grown to hundrreds of dollars, because I didn’t ...

• pay THAT.

I keep calling them, and they keep telling me, ‘Oh, well you still have to pay!”.

Now, why would anyone who isn’t using a card, has told the card carrier in writing and on the telephone, as well as on email that they cancelled their card when they paid it off, be getting charged hundreds of dollars? What a scam!

I am not paying this bill.

There is no court in California that would make me pay it.

I just cannot understand how this company thinks they can automatically re-sign someone up! When the person tells them he/she wants nothing to do with the company, has made it more than very clear that the card is cancelled and paid off, they continue to charge

me for a $20 fee because, “well, after 30 days, you are just signed up, again!”………………NO.

If I don’t sign up for a card, I need not pay for their yearly fee, nor their hundreds of dollars worth of interest on that particular $20 fee, I never wanted, never agreed to, and they know it!

Hopefully, you really watch this company, closely, if you have one of their cards.

If you cancel their card, be SURE to mention that you won’t be paying any re-sign up fees, either.

This is totally illegal.

Capital One Company has me upset, but, I will join any class actin suit that is against them, and I know there is, at least, one against them, right now! Don’t fall prey to this company’s illegal charges.

Beware!

Westchase says :

I have been a Capital One cardholder for 10 years. In Feb 2010, I received a letter from them stating my Introductory APR expired. The net result was my rate immediately changed from a steady for numerous years 4.95 to 15.9 . After reading that letter, I immediately called their customer service line to ask 1 why since I have never exceeded by limit nor made a late payment and 2 what options did I have to get my rate back to what it was or at least lower. I was told quote We understand your frustration but apologize as there`s nothing we can do at this time to lower your APR. Please call back next month to see if it`s possible at that time to reduce your rate. In the meantime, I`ll notate your account that you called to inquire about lowering your rate. Since Feb 2010, I called each month with the same question and was literally given the exact same scripted reply. In the meantime, my monthly minimum payment more than doubled to Capital One. I`ve struggled but paid each one and did so on time. July 2010, after six months of struggling and calling Capital One, I called again with the same question and was told by Seth that I could OPT-OUT of the NEW terms that caused my APR to jump. I immediately reacted, informing him that I`ve been asking this question for six months .. why only now was I offered this wonderful news? His answer We are DISCOURAGED from telling customers about the opt-out option which also places your account in RESTRICTED status. I asked what restricted status meant and he clarified that the card could NO LONGER BE USED for purchases BUT would reinstate your original APR of 4.95 . I nearly shouted PERFECT when he told me this news. He said he would need to transfer me to a senior account specialist to complete my OPT-OUT request. I waited approx 5 minutes and another gentlemen took over the call. He was quick to tell me You`ve unfortunately MISSED the window of opportunity to OPT-OUT of the new terms and, therefore, you are STUCK he actually said STUCK with the new APR of 15.9 WTF? I was LIVID. I told him how I`ve called for six consecutive months asking how I can get my old APR of 4.95 back but was told to call back .. and that my inquiry would be noted on my account. He proceeded to tell me I`m sorry but there`s no record of you ever calling - to ask about your APR or any other reason . If I could have jumped through the phone to strangle someone at Capital One .. I would have. I told him this is a SCAM and that I would be blogging this online on as many websites as I could locate. He said quote I would do the same if I was in your situation . Either way, Capital One are running a DIRTY business of lending. Just google CAPITAL ONE SCREWED and you`ll find a ton of posts like mine. I wish I could dump this account but, unfortunately, I`ll be stuck paying off the balance well into the foreseeable future. I have since submitted a complaint at dot occ dot treas dot gov slash customer dot htm

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 6030128090731/k2311a013/1.3.06