Augusta GA  » Travel  »
Georgia
  • It is fairly good sized in my opinion in that it has two malls
  • But I like the white pillars out in front of them that makes them look larger and more majestic than most other houses around them
  • As a matter of fact, at one time I bought a piece of property on the south side of the base once
  • I think I made my boyfriend mad though because I was able to stay on the whole time and he got thrown off right away

• by sadonna

Augusta, Georgia is what I would call a military town. It sits on the outskirts of Fort Gordon. It is fairly good sized in my opinion in that it has two malls. The town is split though by the Savannah River so the part that is in South Carolina is called North Augusta. At least it is not split by two different time zones.

That would be kind of crazy but it would not have surprised me if they did that. My favorite thing about Augusta is the old southern mansions. Now days they would not be considered more than an average because our housing standards have changed. But I like the white pillars out in front of them that makes them look larger and more majestic than most other houses around them.

Augusta’s biggest commerce is the military people who come into town to shop, go to a movie or out to

eat. They have those things on post too but every now and then you just want to get away from the base to see something new. Land was reasonably priced when I lived in the area fifteen years ago. As a matter of fact, at one time I bought a piece of property on the south side of the base once.

I was going out there to do some work but I did not have a car so I was hiking. A cab driver stopped and asked me if I needed a lift because I had a shovel, axe and various other hand tools sticking out of my back pack that I was carrying. I however told him I did not have enough money for a cab. I told him that I was hiking to some property I bought and was going to do some work on building a storage shed there.

So he ...

• offered me a lift free of charge, because he could not believe I was going to hike ten miles carrying all these tools to work on some land. When we got there he asked where I was going to sleep until the shed was built and he really laughed when I showed him how I would climb a tree and sleep in it with one leg over this branch and one over the next. He said I was a real nut case and must have thought I was joking. I wasn’t kidding though, that is the kind of person I am.

When I set my mind to it I will walk anywhere to do something that I want to do. Overall the people in and around Augusta are very nice. There are some factories in the industrial park but I’m not sure of what they make. I hear they pay pretty decent though.

My

husband worked for the Independent Life Insurance Company as an agent going door to door for about a year but he had a crooked boss so he quit. We used to go to a little bar in Augusta that played country music. I got to ride the mechanical bull once and I’ll tell you that was a real blast. I never thought I would see one up close.

I figured they were just something out of a movie until I saw this one, so I naturally had to give it a shot and try it. I think I made my boyfriend mad though because I was able to stay on the whole time and he got thrown off right away. So as you can see there are lots of different things to do in a town like Augusta. Augusta is located off interstate 20 in Georgia on the banks of the Savanha River.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381401280470131/k2311a0114/1.14.08