US Post Office Beaver Dam WI  » General services  »
2.5
Beaver Dam WI
  • Since I didn't particularly trust the company I was sending it back to, I decided to spend the extra money on certified mail

• by Steve

For the most part, I’ve never really had an opinion about our local post office. That was until very recently, when I realized just how untrained the people there are.

I had an item I needed to return because it was damaged when it arrived to my house. Since I didn’t particularly trust the company I was sending it back to, I decided to spend the extra money on certified mail.

When I got to

the post office, I was told two things. First, I was told I couldn’t check the shipping online, I would have to come to the post office to confirm delivery. Secondly, even though I didn’t order a return receipt, I was told I could find out who signed for the package if needed.

Well, as expected, the company I sent the item to claimed it didn’t get it. And, after a few days, I ...

• decided to spend my lunch break to go to the Post Office to find out whether that was true.

That morning, while getting the receipt, I happened to notice a number down the side of it and thought it looked a heck of a lot like a tracking number. Sure enough, when I went on the USPS web site, I was able to track my package and found it had been delivered.

I figured

I would need a little more to convince the company though so I still went to the post office at lunch. After 20 wasted minutes, I discovered I was lied to and, without paying extra for the return receipt, I can’t find out who signed for it (fortunately, I didn’t need that).

I’m still indifferent towards the Post Office but I will find it hard to trust anything any of their employees tell me from now on.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 251401280400131/k2311a0114/1.14.08