Lover Unbound, J.R. Ward  » Books  »
  • R Ward is one of the best authors that I've read in a long time
  • I've enjoyed all of her books but this one contained my favourite character, Vishous, a cold hearted sadistic vampire

• by Brooke

I’m a big fan of supernatural romance fiction and J.R Ward is one of the best authors that I’ve read in a long time. Out of the books of hers that I’ve read so far Lover Unbound is the one that really stood out for me.

I’ve enjoyed all of her books but this

one contained my favourite character, Vishous, a cold hearted sadistic vampire. It tells the story of Vishous and Jane, a human doctor.

The books are incredibly well written, with plausible characters who although they are not human (in most cases) you can really empathise with them. She really brings the story to life ...

• with vivid imagery, but avoids the trap of becoming overly discriptive.

One of the things I particularly like about her books is that she dosn’t shy away from creating bisexual male characters, like many romance writers do. Bisexual characters are incredibly underrepresented in romance fiction so this made me very happy!

Another thing that

sets her apart from other romance writers is that her characters all have major flaws, such as addictions, making them far more realistic.

It’s also great to see a writer who has characters with disabilities and still has them as hero’s. (One character is blind, one mute, another is missing a leg.)

I really can’t praise her enough!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171401280111231/k2311a0114/1.14.08