Henry Creek Shooting Range  » Other  »
Choccolocco Wildlife Management Area, Heflin, Alabama
  • You can also buy a seasonal pass for 10 dollars I believe it is
  • The one thing I don't like is there are no restroom facilities
  • I would recommend this range because of the cleanliness, and set up

• by sunnflr

The Henry Creek Shooting Range is inside the Choccolocco Wildlife Management Area in Heflin Alabama. There is a 3 dollar per day fee to use the range. You can also buy a seasonal pass for 10 dollars I believe it is. It has benches for 6-8 different people to set up at a time. They have boards with chicken wire set up at 25 and 100 yards for you to attach targets to.

The range is down in a “holler” with a dirt bank behind the targets so bullets won’t go anywhere. There is a dirt/rock trail leading down to the range itself. The benches are set in dirt/rock also. The have seats and tables to them. The target stands are out in a grassy field.

To get to the range you do have to go down quite a bit of gravel road. They ...

• have to have it back in the woods so nobody gets hit with stray bullets.

It is a pretty good range. They seem to take care of it very well. There are trash cans for garbage disposal, and it has been clean every time we’ve went. The one thing I don’t like is there are no restroom facilities.

If you go I would advise going fairly early in the morning. That way you mostly

have the range all to yourself. It starts filling up around noon on the weekends.

I think the 3 dollar fee is reasonable. We paid the same for another range we used in Georgia. They use the money for upkeep of the range.

I would recommend this range because of the cleanliness, and set up. Just be sure to use the bathroom right before you go!

Just my take on the Henry Creek Shooting Range!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 121401280091231/k2311a0114/1.14.08