Second Life
  • Most people who get into Second Life thinking that it's a game leave Second Life disappointed
  • I don't consider myself successful or even popular (in fact I'm not) in Second Life but once you understand what it really is then you'll enjoy living it more

• by ROM

I’m sure many of you have heard of Second Life if not then where have been hiding? LOL! This year year, Second Life was hyped to the roof. In fact, even popular TV programs like CSI: New York and The Office jumped in on the hyped.

Second Life is an online virtual world imagined and created by its residents. Take note that term used to describe people using Second Life is residents not players because Second Life is not a game. Yes, it may look like a game but trust

me it is not.

Unlike games, there are no predetermined stories in Second Life, no character development, no scores or anything a typical game should have. It is a world where you create your own stories, build your own world and be master of your own virtual destiny.

Most people who get into Second Life thinking that it’s a game leave Second Life disappointed. I know how they felt. I was once like them. My first encounter with Second Life was in 2006. I even verified my account using ...

• my card but having no knowledge of what it really is, I left but last year, I’ve heard so many buzz about Second Life that I gave it another try but this time I had a better idea of what I was planning to do in it.

The first thing I did in my second coming to Second Life was learn how to build and boy it was fun building. My builds weren’t mind blowing but being able to create 3D objects was really exciting for me. I tried to

learn scripting but I guess the creative side of my brain is more dominant than the logic side.

In a week, I already have a place in Second Life and I’ve been enjoying it ever since. I don’t consider myself successful or even popular (in fact I’m not) in Second Life but once you understand what it really is then you’ll enjoy living it more.

So, if you want to try Second Life then just remember that it’s not a game. Second Life, like real life, is what you make of it. ;)

Second Life

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 281301279880631/k2311a0113/1.13.08