Husqvarna 51 Chain Saw  » Other  »
  • I normally used it to cut up small six and eight inch trees but on occasion I would cut up a thirty inch tree and the only issue was that I had to cut half of the tree from one side and then go to the other side to cut the difference because the blade was not long enough for such a tree
  • I had to buy a fuel filter and spark plug the other day to do a tune up and they only cost me about seven dollars for both
  • The only problem I have really had with the saw was a screw that tightens the chain somehow wiggled its way out, while I was cutting up a couple of big trees
  • Luckily for me, the saw had run out of gas so I noticed it when I filled it up before the chain could just pop out
  • Now that I know I can cut my own wood I'll never go back to gas heat because even if I had to buy a new saw every year and two gallons of gas a month it would not add up to as much as I was spending on propane

• by sadonna

My husband is some what of a horse trader. When we moved from North Carolina to Tennessee he sold his truck to his friend Donnie. Donnie paid us half the money on the spot and promised to pay the rest in a month. Well a month turned into several so my husband decided to do some horse trading for items we needed since he was doubting we would ever get the remainder of our money.

The item he got that I liked the most was a Husqvarna 51 chain saw. It came with the carrying case was pretty much brand new. The saw ran like a top so we brought it home with us with the intent of having it in case the need should ever arise for such a tool.

Last winter we added

a room onto my mom’s cabin and it caused our propane gas bill to jump from fifty dollars a month to one hundred eighty dollars a month. So I suggested we buy a wood stove to replace the gas heat. After all we already had a chain saw and eight acres of wood that we could cut to heat the house with.

So it was agreed, and we purchased a wood stove. I got to use the Husqvarna saw for the first time in March when it was extremely cold. To my surprise it fired right up and ran very well.

I had no trouble cutting wood with the saw. It had an 18 inch blade and chain so it was not a small saw. I normally used it to cut up small six and ...

• eight inch trees but on occasion I would cut up a thirty inch tree and the only issue was that I had to cut half of the tree from one side and then go to the other side to cut the difference because the blade was not long enough for such a tree.

The parts for the saw are reasonable. I had to buy a fuel filter and spark plug the other day to do a tune up and they only cost me about seven dollars for both. The only problem I have really had with the saw was a screw that tightens the chain somehow wiggled its way out, while I was cutting up a couple of big trees.

Luckily for me, the saw had run out of gas so I

noticed it when I filled it up before the chain could just pop out. I have used several different brands of saws before and my favorite had always been an echo until I got this Husqvarna. I guess I will stick with this brand from now on because it is reliable and easy to start.

I hate a saw that I have to keep pulling the start string over and over again to get it to fire up because it wears me out to fast. Now that I know I can cut my own wood I’ll never go back to gas heat because even if I had to buy a new saw every year and two gallons of gas a month it would not add up to as much as I was spending on propane.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 121301279520531/k2311a0113/1.13.08