Granfather mountain NC  » Travel  »
Linville,NC
  • My brother and my sister crossed the bridge with no problem but I got scared half way through and had to turn around to head back to the other side

• by sadonna

Grandfather mountain located in Linville, North Carolina which is one mile south of the Blue Ridge mountains. Grandfather mountain is the highest peak in the Blue Ridge mountain range.

I went to Grandfather mountain when I was about seven or eight with my grandparents for a day with them.

They took us there so we could enjoy the view with them because it is called Grandfather mountain.

While We were there we took

a short hiking trail called the bridge trail to get to the bridge.

It was me, my grandma, my sister, and my brother who took the trail.

My grandpa drove the car to the top because he did not feel up to hiking with us.

After we did the short trail to get to the top my grandparents took us to the swinging bridge which is a mile high in the sky.

My brother ...

• and my sister crossed the bridge with no problem but I got scared half way through and had to turn around to head back to the other side.

I at the time hated bridges that were super high off the ground but you got to think when your as young as I was you probably were scared of heights to.

The other problem with the bridge was it swung back and forth.

Well my

brother and sister had fun on the other side of the bridge and after they crossed back we took the same short trail back to the bottom but that time it was only me, my brother, and my grandma.

My sister was getting tired so grandpa drove her and the car back to the bottom to meet us.

After we left that day the memories of the park still lingered in my head until now.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381301279330531/k2311a0113/1.13.08