Under The Tuscan Sun movie  » Movies  »
  • I just adore Diane Lane but I think this is my favorite movie that she has made

• by LuckyGrl

Under the Tuscan Sun is one of my favorite movies. I just adore Diane Lane but I think this is my favorite movie that she has made.

Diane Lane plays Frances.

Frances is going through a divorce in the very beginning of Under The Tuscan Sun and you can tell that she is having a hard time.

Shortly after

the movie begins, she is divorced and doesn’t know what to do with herself so she decides to take a trip to Italy.

She starts off with a group of men who are traveling, but during her journey through Italy she spots an old, crusty mansion with a for sale sign.

At that point, Frances knows what she has ...

• to do.

She tells the bus driver to stop and Frances promptly exits the bus and begins her new life.

The mansion is falling apart but Frances knows that when she restores it, her home will be just what she wants.

Frances hires a group of men to being the restoration process and the movie goes on as she

and the men fix the house up.

It’s a long, hard road and along the way, Frances has to deal with her emotions around the divorce and normal feelings about her own worth and beauty.

She meets the neighbors and local townspeople and everyone loves her.

There are such beautiful scenes in Under The Tuscan Sun and you have to watch it!

Kerry says :

Under the Tuscan Sun is one of my all time favourite movies
    Dianne Lane who plays Frances is perfect for the role as she brings the raw emotion to the story of going through the motions of her divorce.
    Frances was given a ticket for a trip to Italy from her close friends who suggested that it would be great for her to get away for a while.
    Arriving in Italy feeling sad and alone she met some of the local people in the village who would then become her friends.
    She took me on a heartfelt journey where in the moment of her deepest heartache Frances delved into her thoughts and intuition to follow her inner guidance. There were many “signs” along the way to show her where she was meant to continue her journey of life. One of the signs led to a run down Villa which she purchased. Frances then realised she would need to renovate and proceeded to hire a group of local workers to help her fix the property.
    The storyline took many different turns which kept me encapsulated. Frances met a handsome Italian man where she experienced all the emotions around that relationship to her best friend arriving on her doorstep pregnant and having to deal with her own breakup.
    The beautiful villages and countryside shown in the movie made me feel I would like to travel there myself. I was clearly shown from the movie that with faith and trust in your instincts when going through heartache that it will get us through in the end and may deliver more than ever expected.
    It is a must watch movie. I really enjoyed it

John Roberts says :

Diane Lane is one of my favorite actresses and Under the Tuscan Sun is one of her best effort. I also recommend Lane in Must Love Dogs for romance movie lovers.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111301279320531/k2311a0113/1.13.08