Amoxicillin  » Medicine  »
  • After the complete course of antibiotics, I had no problems for 11/2 days only to have this problem reappear again

• by Sweety

I went to my family doctor for sore throat last week. When I went to doctor I already had sore throat for 4 days. I never had cold or fever with this sore throat or any cold for more than a year now. I had redness and slight inflamation in the throat with itching of throat.The doctor put me on antibiotic amoxicillin with clavulanic

acid(500mg).

The course had 10 tablets with 2 tablets daily. Added to this he gave a another tablet to reduce the inflammation. After the complete course of antibiotics, I had no problems for 11/2 days only to have this problem reappear again. Sore throat becomes bad by the night that I have to gargle with salt water and have throat soothing Lozenges for sleep.

...

• My sore thorat developed with redness and inflamation and doctor pronunced it as pharyngitis. Today I went to the doctor again for the same condition and doctor has now put me now on Prednisolone(5MG) for reducing the inflamation.

When I was on antibiotics, I had stomach upsets with diarrhea. Even this continued one day after competing this antibiotic. Other than this, I did not have

ant antibiotics but never recovered fully yet.

According to the doctor, this sore throat is quite common in the locality these days. The amoxicillin with clavulanic acid, is a B-lactam antibiotic in the penicillin group of drugs. I feel that this antibiotic has not helped me recover fully. Now I am hoping that the newly presscribed Prednisolone(5MG) will help me recover in next few days.

Amoxicillin
    martha says :

What I have is amoxicillin and clavulanic acid combination of antibiotic. What is the dosis for a 7 year old girl who weighs around 20 kilos?

Galega says :

It shoul be 200 mg once a day. However, the dose can be different for different conditions.

Please remember, there is no standard dose. You should not give high antibiotics to 7 year old baby without consulting a doctor.

Sweety replies :

I am not sure of the dosage. I think it is 200mg 5mL, 2 times a day at 12 hour interval.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261201278630731/k2311a0112/1.12.08