Pioneer PDF 1009 301 CD Changer  » Electronics  »
  • Many times I would pause the system, to talk on the phone or for whatever reason, and forget to start play again or stop it before leaving for the night and it would continue the very next day no problem
  • Nowadays it plays only for me and has only what I like to hear in it, so just about everything it selects is okay with me
  • If anyone is looking for a large capacity CD player with reliability to match I would highly recommend the Pioneer PDF 1009 301 CD Changer

• by Big D

I have been using my Pioneer PDF 1009 301 CD Changer for over seven years now and can truly say it is the finest piece of audio equipment that I have ever owned.

The changer operated everyday for the first five years I owned it, in my music store on random play mode for sometimes as much as 15 hours straight never playing the same song twice. Many times

I would pause the system, to talk on the phone or for whatever reason, and forget to start play again or stop it before leaving for the night and it would continue the very next day no problem.

The most incredible and hard to believe thing I have found about this player was it’s ability to read a customer’s likes. Yeah, you read that right. Somehow it seemed to ...

• know what a customer would like to hear. If a customer would come into the store and go to the Country music section usually the very next selection it played would be a Country music song. The same would hold true for Rock, Gospel, Blues or Easy Listening it didn’t matter a little of everything was in it at that time and it just seemed to select according to
        whom was there to listen.

After being moved on three occasions it now has a permanent place in my home. Nowadays it plays only for me and has only what I like to hear in it, so just about everything it selects is okay with me. If anyone is looking for a large capacity CD player with reliability to match I would highly recommend the Pioneer PDF 1009 301 CD Changer.

angela says :

the cd player is full of cd`s but everytime we select a cd to be played it says `no disc` - all labels are facing right. have you heard of this before?

John says :

This means it’s not properly reading the discs. It’s likely to be a problem with the internal laser. It houses many discs, but they all use the same laser for reading. If you’re under warranty, I would recommend contacting Pioneer to have it fixed because the laser is fairly difficult to replace.

Galega says :

That is not as such a unique problem. Sometimes a CD player will display a “No Disc” error. What this means is that the CD player, for some reason, does not recognize the disc. There are various reasons for this error, from the CD lens eye being dirty to a CD format that is incompatible with the player.

You should first clean the laser and then go ahead with formatting process. That should ideally solve your problem.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161201278520631/k2311a0112/1.12.08