Y Tu Mama Tambien  » Movies  »
  • It's a good story, but I still find it hard to believe that a woman would just run off with two young men she didn't even know

• by LuckyGrl

Y Tu Mama Tambien was really hard for me to follow. It is the story of two young men, Tenoch and Julio.

Julio and Tenoch decide to go to the beach and convince Luisa to go with them.

Tenoch and Julio are like college age and Luisa is an older woman.

Why she joins these boys and heads off to the

coast, I haven’t a clue.

Tenoch and Julio are silly, as younger men are before they grow up.

Luisa is pretty cool and aloof, but she loosens up during the drive.

Y Tu Mama Tambien is in Spanish but there are subtitles.

Still, this movie was so hard for me to keep up with because between reading the subtitles and then ...

• trying to simultaneously catch the actors facial expressions and movements, I got lost.

I never watched Y Tu Mama Tambien again, and I more than likely could have gained more insight the second time around.

The thing is, Y Tu Mama Tambien is a great movie, just like everyone says.

The acting is superb, but trying to catch the nuances while

reading subtitles became so frustrating I just gave up.

It’s a good story, but I still find it hard to believe that a woman would just run off with two young men she didn’t even know.

This movie is not for children or teenagers as there are fairly graphic sexual scenes and much vulgar language even though you can’t understand those words in Spanish!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111101278370731/k2311a0111/1.11.08